🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GDnet Art show: post it all here again

Started by
35 comments, last by Fantasy Edge 22 years, 11 months ago
CDIS is in Burnaby...

and buyer beware

*Cough*
- Sephiras
Advertisement
well, i would like to go to cdis. I have friends there taking recording arts and audio media. thats good stuff. but i really dont know too much about the schools. digipen seems interesting enough but im already having to get a bank loan to go... last thing i need is a bigger one...
im a broke ass so school is sort of out for now as far as im concerned. besides, im not sure if i have the skills to meet entrance.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts Millennium ED
Redwyrm Online

Who posted that comics section thing, and why?...

Edited by - impossible on June 19, 2001 10:07:19 PM
Check out my online portfolio and tell me what you think. Thnx
(come to think about it, this is my first post on this forums since I registered long ago xPPP)
online portfolio

Edited by - nl on June 21, 2001 8:04:05 AM
Wow, I bow down to NL. I like your style--it''s like urban anime.

I guess I''ll throw my hat into the ring. These are splash page images, or as I''d like to think of them, post cards. I really don''t draw anymore, just design.

card1: For a programming group. Found them on Gamedev.
card2: For my personal site.

BTW, I can assume NL is your initials right? Cuz my "company" initials are also NL (Nation Leprechaun) and it''s VERY prominent on almost everything I do.

Jinushaun
jinushaun- Thnx ^^ Yes, NL are my initials. BTW, you''ve got nice CG going on there. I like specially the second pic.

I''d like to post more on this forums, but they are really slow (when I say really I do mean really; more considering i''ve got DSL). Does it happen the same to the rest of you or it''s just me??
You guys put my crappy drawing to shame.

It was just a little something that resulted from doodling in french class. I never finished it, like most of my other small drawings. Its just a regular ball point pen on the back of a page of notes.
Wow, cool stuff here. You know, we''re lacking in the Arts department for articles and tutorials...anyone interested should email writers@gamedev.net.

Kevin

Admin for GameDev.net.

That''s because it''s hard to write decent "How to Draw" articles. It would be cool if someone did some tutorials on how to use specific software though (Photoshop, PSP, 3DS, Maya, etc)
quote: Originally posted by Khawk
Wow, cool stuff here. You know, we''re lacking in the Arts department for articles and tutorials...anyone interested should email writers@gamedev.net.

Hehe, you really can''t teach that stuff. Most are born with it. However, I agree with Impossible, tutorials/articles on using software is better. Don''t look at me--give me PSP over Photoshop any day. I can''t use all the potential of PS for the life of me.

Tutorials on 3DS/Maya/Lightwave would be very nice.

I''ve always want to know how to color in PS (like those anime artists do). I have this anime how-to-color book, but it''s it Japanese. How about an articl/tutorial on the whole process: draw, scan, clean, and color. Just the coloring techniques alone astound me.

Remember kids, contrary to what Nike may want you to believe: It''s NOT the shoes on the athlete, but the athlete wearing the shoes.

Jinushaun

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement