🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

asphalt

Started by
6 comments, last by Fremmed 23 years ago
okay, I admit it, I suck at drawing stuff, so I''ve been trolling the net for textures, and although I did find a lot of neat stuff, I absoutely cannot find a single asfalt-texture anywhere. if anyone could point me towards one, I promise to buy him/her -and that could be you- a few beers the next time he/she/it/you are in Oslo. TIA --Gunnar
Advertisement
Check out the tutorial/thread somewhere down in this forum where I explain how to create neat textures with no hassle. An asphalt textue should be especially easy

Otherwise you could search the textures for Halflife ?
There is a site called wadfather I believe, where all the textures go when they are born

youpla :-P
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
I don''t know if it has what you''re looking for, but here is another site to try.

http://www.davegh.com/BLADE/davegh.htm

--
http://www.3dcgi.com/
Hello,

Here''s my asphalt-ish texture, should be tileable and ready to use.
If you still need it

Prankster, that''s a VERY nice texture but I wouldn''t use it as asphalt. It looks more like a worn-out close-up of a wall covering (I have no idea what you call it in English, but basically it''s this cement-rock combination which you slap at brick walls to make them look nicer. The surface feels raspy when you touch it).

Then again I''m not claiming that MY ehh.. texture thingy would look like real asphalt either, but I do want to point out that there''s no one "real" asphalt texture you could point a finger at Asphalt looks so very different depending on weather, age (and how harsh weather it has seen over time), and the type of asphalt "mass" itself. The texture I''ve included below would be a "mid-stage" asphalt texture. It''s not brand new (which is very black and very smooth), nor is it very old (which is duller in general and worn out where the wheels have travelled the most).

This texture can be tiled

Forgot my sig The above asphalt texture is by me.

--JSP
Hehe, know what you mean...
Mine looks kinda like gravel, or as you say, cement-rock combination :p

I usually scale it 0.5 and use it as some sort of ground
hi again.

been away for a few days. just wanted to say thanks for all the links and stuff.

--Gunnar

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement