🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Determining mouse clicks in 3d

Started by
1 comment, last by Sieggy 24 years, 6 months ago
Most 3d games uses a raycasting function that gets all the objects it hits and stores it in an array, but I dunno how to do that.
Sorry
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
Advertisement
I have a 3d mesh (IM 7.0) that is serving as a ground layer in my game. The iso view is obtained by camera alteration. I've constructed it from a height map so I'm able to retain the "tile" aspect that made data storage/access easy in 2d. Now I'm trying to determine where in the mesh I'm clicking when using the mouse. I understand some of the 2d methods but unfortunately they don't seem to apply well since the rendered tile will often be altered by D3D IM for the obvious reasons. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and, as always, thanks in advance!
there's a similar thread in the Graphics Programming and Theory section, titled as "Clickin in 3D space?"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement