🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Neural Nets

Started by
2 comments, last by Dwiel 22 years, 11 months ago
I have been trying to understand how neural Nets work for awhile now, but I haven''t gotten to far. One Question I have is: What is the structure or data type or whatever does the output give?! PLZ HELP Thanx alot
Advertisement
Standardly the output of a neural network is a numeric value, usually floating point, positive or negative. Neural networks deal exclusively with levels of activation, which are modelled magnitudes of cell potential i.e. levels of electric charge. You can then translate this answer, one per output node, into whatever meaning/data type you want. Boolean, integer, vector or something far more complex.

Mike
Here''s a slightly simpler explanation of what Mike was saying...

Imagine that your neural network outputs just boolean values at its output nodes. That is, if the output node fires then it represents a 1 and if it doesnt fire, it represents a zero. Then, the collection of output nodes can represent a binary string. What can be represented with a binary string? Well, just about anything!

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tim
quote: Original post by Tazzel3D
I have been trying to understand how neural Nets work for awhile now, but I haven''t gotten to far. One Question I have is: What is the structure or data type or whatever does the output give?! PLZ HELP Thanx alot

A really good example of NNs can be found in a ''bot for Quake II:

http://www.botepidemic.com/neuralbot/

Good luck!

Ferretman

ferretman@gameai.com
www.gameai.com

From the High Mountains of Colorado

Ferretman
ferretman@gameai.com
From the High Mountains of Colorado
GameAI.Com

This topic is closed to new replies.