🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3d Studio Max 4 Directx

Started by
0 comments, last by nanobyte 22 years, 11 months ago
Dear group... I have just gotten to a point where I''m reasonably good at 3ds 4. I want to be able to use these models in my directx8 programs? Any advice of where I should start. I have read alot about the quake2 and 3 model format, but is there anyway I can just load the models directly into my programs without exporting to those formats? Plus, I think those are ogl formats anyway. What I''m trying to say, can''t I just somehow export the vertices of my models and load them into directx? Hope I didn''t confuse anyone. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris Lynch
Advertisement
Take note directx/opengl format NOT exist, exist .X format that you can use easily with directx. In fact in the directx sdk there are some little conversor from .3ds format (not .max) to .x format.

Even, you can download some conversor (such 3d exploration) to convert from many format. Now i work (only a sample) with a model created for quake2..

There are a best way in 3ds-max4, search a plugins to export directly to .x format, but i cannot find this plugins (only for 3dxmas 3)

-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement