🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Scripting for Dummies

Started by
2 comments, last by 23yrold3yrold 22 years, 11 months ago
Does anyone know a scripting tutorial that''s so simple that it can only be concluded, if I don''t learn from it, that the problem must be me? I''ve learned 3D matrix math, I can juggle classes no sweat, but writing a scripting engine has always eluded me. Can anyone tell me the best scripting tutorial for total beginners? Chris Barry

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

Advertisement
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=45#118
There has been quite a few topics about scripting lately I believe (i''ve been involved in one or two of them). You might want to got check them out and see if anything gets your head to pop, and you think of a way to do one.

hmm... maybe I should put my article on begining programming on hold, and write one about how I made my scripting engine... nah, probably not, mine isn''t quite done the way most people would want to have one done.

Good luck.

Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
Shoot Pixels Not People
Hi there!

Go to Peroxide Site and look for "PxdScript Tutorials" under the (doh!) Tutorials section.

Good luck!

Cristián Ramírez (gameovercl)
ICQ #38991565
Viña del Mar
CHILE

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement