🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Welcome to the Mods forum!!

Started by
-1 comments, last by Gaiiden 22 years, 11 months ago
Well, I lobbied long and hard for this - I hope my effort manages to pay off. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you... The Mods forum. Here we shall have discussions about various modding issues. First of let's make it clear that a game mod is literally a game modification. This means that some aspect of the game has been changed by you. However, this modding does not apply to the actual game itself. Many games come with level editors that let you create your own campaigns. To me, this is also a form of modding, although it isn't really changing the game itself. To be short, anything involving designing mods, creating mods, answering mod questions (posting questions too), and creating new game experiences via level editors, is welcome in this forum. Note that design issues in general should still be directed to the Game Design forum. Let's keep it clean eh? The reason this forum was made was because it has come to the attention of GameDev that modding is a serious way of learning design and production, and can also be a back door into the games industry. Because of this, not only is there a forum for you people, but if you happen to mosey on over to the Article and Resources section, you'll find a whole new area for mod articles. That's right, if you've done any mods and would like to share your knowledge and experience, submit an article now! These articles will be treated as feature articles and displayed as such. They will also be archived in this section as well as other articles I happen to dig up already in existence for which I can get permission to post. So is that the whole deal? Not quite. If we can create a large enough movement, there may come a time where the Mods section could forge its own affiliate site, allowing us much more freedom and flexibilty to cover mod issues, news, and maybe even have contests and such. So let's get started with some serious posting, cause modding is some serious stuff! And if you have knowledge on mods, share it! Write up an article and submit it ASAP. Everybody have fun, play nice, and don't headhunt the moderator [EDIT] Make sure you check out the FAQ!! It's now up and will be updated whenever the need arises. Slammin..... [/EDIT] ============================== "Need more eeenput..." - #5, "Short Circuit" ==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement