🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

recommend me a tablet?

Started by
10 comments, last by sunandshadow 22 years, 11 months ago
i wouldnt go for a cheap one... the cheapest i know is the wacom graphire... its a little above $100, but its not that great, as its pretty high and has weird edges that makes resing you hand against it not so nice.... I have an intuos A6, its about twice as expensive, but it was DEFINITELY worth it... cause theres absolutely no way youre not going to like the tablet... i just hope you dont have an optical mouse, cause you might just as well throw that out . The intuos is a bit bigger (not the drawing area, but around it) so you can comfortably put your hand on it, it has a few extra menu buttons (quite helpful if youre into layers and so on a lot) and its way more sensitive than the graphire... and at $200 its not that expensive either...

and if youre one of the art-class draw-with-your-arm kind of guys, youre probably going to have to shell out a lot more than that... but if youre happy drawing from the wrist, A6 (the smallest) is a perfect size (at least for me it is).
Advertisement
Weird. It''s not the hand-wrist thing for size, it''s the scale between my monitor and tablet. If I move my pen half an inch on the tablet, I feel like it should move about that distance on the screen. I''m not looking at my hand either, it''s just that my brain gets confused.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement