🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hey there...

Started by
3 comments, last by OutOfBound 22 years, 11 months ago
Just a little "Hey there" from a Forum Newbie. I''ve been programming for a while now (After all, it''s what I get paid for on my job), and starting out on a new computer game project... Just got the domain ordered, will be online soon... go check it out... "Project Pentium Leap" www.pentiumleap.net cya I still miss my Ex Wife - But my Aim is improving!
May you live in interesting times...
Advertisement
Hope it''s nothing to do with Intel or they might go mad and take out dumb copyright lawsuits and other retarded stuff.

-Mezz
Nah, not even close...

Imagine "Quantum Leap" goes Computer Games.

I''m pretty sure pentium is a word that Intel ''invented''...Sure it''s just made from other words, but that''s not so bad...

If this is the case, you''ll definately have copyright issues, if you get anywhere with your project...

G''luck,
-Alamar
Ah well, it''s gonna be Freeware (Or... Beerware, kinda... wanna see Intel sew me for attaining a bottle of beer. )

Thanks for your hints, though. Of course it isn''t a name for a commercial project!

Aside from that, the storyline and most of the locations would prolly break many more copyrights.

Worst case I can imagine would be the website name, but well, hey... I had 2 Lawyers write me a HUGE piece of text that "should" keep me from getting sewed (My line would have been: "Tell me, I''ll take it down")...

The game will mostly cover Cmputer games >10 Years old, so I''m pretty much positive that the trouble won''t be that big.

(BTW, sorry for my lousy English, I''m german. )

I still miss my Ex Wife -
But my Aim is improving!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement