🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

About Reference Letters

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 14 years, 4 months ago
Hi, It is I, again. I was wondering about the value of a reference letter in the game development industry. Someone with authority recently commented positively on my discipline and skills to one of my superiors and I was wondering if it was worth asking for a recommandation letter. I haven't really dealt with such papers before, so I am not exactly sure how they would be perceived by a - A different body within the same studio b - A different branch of the same company c - A different company Basically, is it worth asking for one? What measure of authority does one such document have in this particular industry? Thanks. Orymus.
The fact you were there before they invented the wheel doesn't make you any better than the wheel nor does it entitle you to claim property over the wheel. Being there at the right time just isn't enough, you need to take part into it.

I have a blog!
Advertisement
Just do it. Ask him.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement