🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mortal Kombat type AI

Started by
10 comments, last by Muzlak 22 years, 10 months ago
yes it is! the elk are trying to take over the world! you are the only person able to stop them! It is too a cool game.
Advertisement
Hello. Try this idea out.

First of all, make a list of all the things that elk thing can do. Then, get it to choose one randomly from the list and make it do it. Then, you can simply decide which moves work best and then increase the chance of them being chosen.

I know somebody's already mentioned an idea like this, but you could then change the changes of the moves happening based on things that are going on. Example: If elky-boy were high on health, you could make it have a higher chance of picking offensive moves. And if it were low on health, you could make it have a higher chance of picking defensive moves, such as running away.

You could then take it a step further and give each elk a personality. If it is brave, give it a higher chance of doing something ofensive, but if it is cowardy, give it a higher chance of running away.

I can't see it as too much trouble to make AI work like this. I've seen somebody else's code for a game like this (sorry I can't remember where), and it worked very nicely. Good luck!

Edited by - MarkyD on August 12, 2001 10:19:41 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement