🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Programmer who needs to do his own art

Started by
4 comments, last by Cipher3D 22 years, 10 months ago
I know, i know, you artists are disgusted that a programmer wandered in here, but, i would like to know where i can get free or shareware 3d modelers (don''t mention milkshape3d - i already have that). Thanx Cipher3D
I eat heart attacks
Advertisement
Hehe... I''m not an artist either... hehe...

Well, I''ve heard many good things about blender, although I''ve never used it. It''s worth a try though.

Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
Shoot Pixels Not People
Try using Blender at www.blender.nl or Anim8or at www.anim8or.com
hehe I''m trying to learn to program. Anyways I got Strata 3D Base. The Base is free, I''m trying to learn it so I can''t say how good it is, but its free.
Thanx, guys. I already have blender, and the controls are confusing. I;ll try the one techno--??? talked about (btw, whats the website?)

thanx again!
I eat heart attacks
if you ever plan on doing nay sort of complex modelling in blender be prepared to become a master at sigle vertice manipulation.... its not fun and it takes alot of time. ( the controls, however, are on the ''easy'' scale for learning curves.)
if you ever decide to stop dabbling in modelling and get some real software that isnt terribly epensive... try rhino 3d. they may even have a limited sharewareversion.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement