🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Will Trade Modleing/Artwork........for Programming

Started by
2 comments, last by TC427 22 years, 10 months ago
I just can't seem to figure out how to program(yeah,I've tried).............So I thought may be this might be an alternitive.I would like to trade,what ever you need modled,textured,Artwork..ect,for programming,or help/teach me to program. I am good at high or low polygonal modleing(I'm not a magician.....so theres only so much I can do with poly limits)I'm also good with PSP6(thats what I use)..and fairly fast depending on the amount of detail needed. What I need,is some one thats experianced in game programming(with DirectX),and can write optimized code for a realtime envirionment.I plan to use a high amount of polys,to build a driving/racing sim......so that needs to be considerd also. I don't know if this sounds like a fair trade or not,since I can't program,so I'm not sure if this is way to much work,but I'm open to offers or suggestions........some how I need to get started on my game. PS.(for the ball busters here)I've tried the tutitorials and some books too......but,I guess its just over my head thanks TC tcl71@yahoo.com heres a link to some of my work http://bigblockshop.topcities.com/SHOPMAIN.html Edited by - TC427 on August 30, 2001 1:26:52 AM
Advertisement
It may be better if you can show some works.

In any case, you can search a programmer for made this job, almost all games cannot be made by a alone artist-programmer.

Some suggest, you can start learning directx using visual basic, the bad is slow in some aspects, the good :easy, fast and you can program-experiment in realtime.

-eng3d.softhome.net-
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Thanks eng3d,I guess I forgot about that.
I''ve tried playing around with DX7 in visual studio C++,but haven''t had any luck with geting anything to work,except"Hellow World".....and it took me a few attempts....hehhehe,but thats not real usefull for any game...LOL.
heres a thought. I am a fairly good programmer(currently using 3d game studio and trying to learn C++ which 3DGS''s language is based on) and i am no good at skinning models. I do okay with the modeling part but i looked at your work and its much better. Heres my idea. I need someone to come up with models and skins and some texures for an starcraft like strategy game but completely underwater. most of the textures for the 3d worlds will be more blue than anything. soooo........ if you want to do this for me i will be willing to teach you everything i know about whatever language i can (basic language for any graphing calculator, qbasic, some C++, and of course 3DGS language.) post back if you want to do this.

email- bob_the_fly15@hotmail.com

Paladin Strikyr

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement