🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Clanlib compiling programs

Started by
5 comments, last by worvy 22 years, 10 months ago
I got the Clanlib tutorial, and tried to compile the first example program. there is a problem ;It can''t compile. It says there is a parse error before the ''{'' after class hello : public CL_ClanApplication I am also using the -lclanLib option on g++. what''s going on?
- -Brutally heaps good
Advertisement
"Parse Error" is a fancy way of saying there''s something spelt wrong, or something in the wrong place. The code doesn''t make sense. Check for spelling mistakes before the line it mentions. Check there aren''t any hidden characters that got in there somehow, especially if you just copy-pasted the code from somewhere.
Hi!

I know almost nothing about clanlib, but if you haven''t, you should suscribe in their mailing list, i''ve seen they reply most of the time.

See ya!

oro...?
SKeTch
Well here is the code:

#include ClanLib/core.h
#include ClanLib/display.h
/*#include ClanLib/Core/System/setupcore.h
#include ClanLib/Display/setupdisplay.h
#include ClanLib/Sound/setupsound.h
#include ClanLib/Application/clanapp.h
#include ClanLib/Core/System/clanstring.h*/

class hello : public CL_ClanApplication {
virtual char *get_title();
virtual int main(int, char**);
} app;

p.s. all the #includes DO have triangle brackets but it won't display them for some reason.

Edited by - worvy on August 28, 2001 4:45:42 AM
- -Brutally heaps good
Hmmm... do all of the includes have /*...*/ around them? If so, they are commented out, and if not then I am an idiot, ok?
My guess:
#include ClanLib/Application/clanapp.h is commented out
Therefore CL_ClanApplication isn''t defined.
Hence the parse error.
Good thinking, Kylotan. Sorry I thought it was included by the core.h file!

thankyou so much

Well Sheep, that bit of code is cut & pasted from my code so, no, the includes aren''t comented out
- -Brutally heaps good

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement