🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mode 13h? Problems initializing

Started by
3 comments, last by doaal 22 years, 10 months ago
I found a demo source and exe file demonstrating how to access mode 13h. It doesn''t work (the source) with my compiler: Microsoft Visual C ++ 6 Introductory Edition. Can someone please give me a link or a tutorial showing how this can be done with my compiler? Thanks a lot, Doaal
Advertisement
Unfortunately, you''ll have to use DirectX if you want to change the video mode. With a Windows app, you can''t directly access the VGA hardware to switch to mode 13h. If you want to do graphics programming, I would recommend Allegro.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
In windows, the GDI prevents access to the graphics card. You could disable the GDI (don''t worry too much about this one), use a dos compiler, such as djgpp, use DirectX like Martee said, or you could use the ChangeDisplaySettings function.

But... the demo was intended for dos. Use djgpp.
thou''s graphics programming experience shall start with King GL, or thou shall start with the Duke of Setagllib

-- TRANSLATION --

Yo my homies i pity the fool who don''t use modern graphics programmin architecture. you should get a hippa homies tech, like da GL rappa, or de smoot sounds of Direct3D

-- TRANSLATION --

!ER SO MEOI SIYO! As oweu who wouohl s siou de aho ohwoe hgoaw!!

-- NO FURTHER TRANSLATIONS WILL BE NEEDED --
This is why AP''s have a bad reputation.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement