🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need some quick help

Started by
1 comment, last by TheeAnvil 22 years, 10 months ago
Hello all, I currently live in ALASKA. Having access to all technology more or less. I would like to get involved with game design and programming concepts. I only have made it a hobbie for 10 years and probably have just alone in PC gaming titles over 200. LOL. However, AK offers NOTHING in that department, LOL, No suprise there I am sure. Seeing how I can not move at this time, and I have read the beginners information at this site. I am still just a tad confused on what I should do first. I understand that I should learn c/c++. Is there any online training courses that could help me in this problem. I have not been able to really find much at all. Anyone else in a similiar scenerio, like being stuck in Siberia or something that is doing well?? LOL. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Anvil
Arctic Programmers AllianceCEO"We believe in what we see"
Advertisement
Well... I am not in Siberia but I am "stuck" in Bucharest ,Romania...
If you, can ( read : have the money ) you should buy a good C++
programing book.( or more than one ). After you will be familiar with c++ ( it will take a while) you can move on to game programing. And olso a good book on win32 and game programing will be very handy at this stage ( if only I could found in Bucharest this sort of books and the money to buy them )
And stick to gamedev and other programing sites.

first off, do you have a compiler? if not, get a compiler.

one thing lacking in the beginners section is the question:

"Where can I get a compiler?"

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement