🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Remote Debugging With MSVC++6 Problem

Started by
2 comments, last by dlanicek 24 years, 6 months ago
I have this DX game that I am trying to debug using MSVC++6''s remote debugging. I follow the instructions putting the path names in the Settings, I start the monitor on the remote computer, then start the debugger on the host. An error message then pops up saying "The project ''c:\windows\system\kernel32.dll'' does not match the correspondong file on the remote machine" About a dozen of these pop up with different .dll files listed. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks, Dan
Advertisement
Sounds like different versions of Windows running. You might want to try copying those .dll''s from the newer computer onto the older one so that both computers have the newer versions. Be advised though this could be dangerous.
Thanks for the reply. The host computer (where I''m compiling the code) is Win98 (First Edition). The remote computer is Win98SE. Should I "downgrade" the remote computer or "upgrade" the host?

I doubt the different versions of windows are your problem. I run Jakkal on Win98 and remote debug it on an NT 4 machine. Works just fine.
--Shannon Schlomer, BLAZE Technologies, Inc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement