🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

C++ book trouble

Started by
0 comments, last by Sandrock 22 years, 10 months ago
I am new to programming, and just recently ordered MSVC++. Now I need books to learn C++. What is the difference between C++ and Visual C++? I want to program games, but which is better to start with? I was thinking about getting "Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days". Does anyone know if this is a good book to start with? If not, any suggestions? Thanks
Advertisement
Visual C++ is an implimentation of C++. I suggest you get to know consol based C/C++ well before moving into graphics. I like "Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days" and all the other Sam''s books I''ve seen. I also like my "Teach Yourself C++ in 10 Minutes" as a quick referance. Books by IDG (the "For Dummies" books) are also good. "C++ For Dummies Pocket Referance" (about $6) was my first and only programming book for about a year and it taught me a lot.

Whatever book you choose, the more you use what it''s teaching you the better handle you will have on it.

Invader X
Invader''s Realm

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement