🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Direct 3d

Started by
3 comments, last by Gabriel 24 years, 6 months ago
What is something good to learn D3D with? Any particular book, source code, anything? and what are the different members of the MATRIX structure? any help is appreciated, thanks
Advertisement
I would suggest reading the DirextX SDK documentation itself as most D3D books out there are no less confusing. For practicals, try reverse-engineering the samples provided with the SDK =)

Best regards,
Sherman
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com
There are a couple of books that cover retained mode, but they all suck. Your best bet is the SDK examples.
The best (and I think so far ONLY) D3D IM tutorial in a book is in:

DirectX, RDX, RSX and MMX technology
ISBN: 0-201-30944-0

Theres a lot of cool stuff in the book, a good purchase if you ever see it around (its pretty cheap from amazon too)
I''ve found that just messing around with the samples help. Yeah they''re a bit hard to understand but once you know where the rendering code is try doing whatever you want. When I started, I modified it to do stuff like draw more triangles, added lights, etc., it doesn''t have to be complicated. Oh and be sure to read the SDK documentation.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement