🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Storyline

Started by
4 comments, last by Caldtem 13 years, 1 month ago
I am submitting this for a friend. My friend Sandra is my concept artist for one of my projects. She wanted a game made about her idea, so I told her I'd submit it for her if anyone is interested. Feel free to provide feedback.
Advertisement
fayt,
That's nice that you shared Sandra's story idea with us, but nobody can (or will) make a game from the description you provided. It covers only the barest broad-brushstrokes sketch of the game's story, with only the roughest idea of gameplay.
This (the Writing forum) is for discussions of game stories. The Game Design forum is for discussions of game designs.
If Sandra is passionate about her story idea, she should write it down, and develop it fully (even give the characters names).
If she wants to get the game made, she should read FAQs 1 and 2 at http://sloperama.com/advice.html, and start working towards a career in games.
Good luck to you both.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Understood, I will pass this information back to her and tell her to really break it down.

Thanks for the advice and helpful tips.
The Petz Horse Club games might be a good example to look at for designing a horse collecting and breeding game.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Submitted a full story

Submitted a full story

I only see two paragraphs in a .jpg attachment.

I hope the best for anyone to take on the challenge.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement