🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DirectX 7.0a compilation problems

Started by
0 comments, last by Ro 24 years, 6 months ago
I just downloaded DX 7.0a, and I''m using VC++ 6.0 as the compiler. I tried to compile a D3DX Util program and it gave me some error messages that I''m not sure how to fix. Here are a couple of error messages I got: Compiling resources... Compiling... trivwin.cpp e:\mssdk\include\d3dxcore.h(237) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''monitor'' e:\mssdk\include\d3dxcore.h(237) : error C2501: ''HMONITOR'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers e:\mssdk\include\d3dxcore.h(237) : error C2501: ''monitor'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers e:\mssdk\include\d3dxcore.h(381) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier ''D3DDEVICEDESC7'' e:\mssdk\include\d3dxcore.h(584) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '';'' before ''__stdcall'' e:\mssdk\include\d3dxcore.h(584) : error C2433: ''LPDIRECTDRAW7'' : ''virtual'' not permitted on data declarations e:\mssdk\include\d3dxcore.h(584) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTDRAW7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers e:\mssdk\include\d3dxcore.h(584) : error C2253: ''GetDD'' : pure specifier only applies to virtual function - specifier ignored If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated!!!
Advertisement
I forgot to copy the new headers and libraries for DirectX over to the VC include and lib folders. Everything works great now!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement