🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Stupid MFC question

Started by
4 comments, last by Qoy 24 years, 5 months ago
I think this is probably a stupid question, but, god help me, I just CANT find a function to do this!! I am making a level editor for my game in MFC (Visual C++ 6) and I have a few combo boxes with the Drop List style. Whenever they are displayed, they just have 1 line when they are dropped down, and a little tiny vertical scroll bar to access the rest of the items on it. I need to resize the drop down part so that you can see all of the items in it. What is the function to set the size of the drop down box? I have looked in the help files to no avail, and I have checked the samples, and found one sample that uses those controls, and it was bigger than 1 line, but I couldn''t find any function calls or anything different! Thanks ----------------------------- "And I write and I write and I don't believe it's gonna change today" - From Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam http://www.crosswinds.net/~uselessknowledge
Advertisement
Okay, I assume you use the resource editor. When you make a list-box.....you click on this list-box, at the drop-down button. Then it''ll show you the state how the list box will be seen when accessed. Just change it to the height you want it to be..

Dance with me......

http://members.xoom.com/CJdeVos/index.htm

OK. That has got to be THE stupidest thing I have ever gotten stuck on. Thanks

I got stuck on that too on my first combo box
Me too!!

- null_pointer
It bit me too. That and forgetting to uncheck the "Sort" option...

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com
Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement