🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Turing? Is it worthless to learn?

Started by
0 comments, last by afransen 22 years, 9 months ago
I''m taking a course it Turing atm. Is it worthless? If not, what is it good for?
Advertisement
I would say that only a handful of people might know exactly what turing is.. It was initially developed at the University of Toronto, if i''m not mistaken, and it is used in university,(mostly in Ontairo, never heard of anybody else using it) as an aid to learn algorithms and practice other programming theories. It''s a straight forward language, with simple syntax and it does it''s job well. You will not be using Turing outside of the educational world though.

If you are taking turing, it''s not because they want you to learn every thing there is to know about turing and it''s syntax, it is so that you learn the basic concepts of procedural programming, algorithms and theories. You can use any language to do this, your school decided that it was going to use Turing.

Not sure if this helps, but good luck. I used Turing in the U of Windsor. It was an interesting course.

Alek

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement