🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Tutorial or source code for doing Alpha Blending

Started by
2 comments, last by Ro 24 years, 6 months ago
Hi, Anyone got any good links to any tutorials or source code that show how to do alpha blending in Direct3D? All of the code that I''ve found just show how to do it by hand.
Advertisement
If you''re using the 7.0 and Immediate Mode, the D3D sdk comes with lodes of good demos/source code on a number of things, including alpha blending.

Sieggy
Which demo contains alpha blending?
Several of them do, in one form or another. Just go under D3DIM in the samples area of the sdk. As an added bonus, they''re actually pretty easy to understand! Fireworks, which is a particle effects demo uses alpha blending. There is also a nice texturing utility provided in the sdk that allows you to play with the effects of various texturing setups as well as generate the base code with which to create those effects. Mind you this is in the 7.0 examples, and I haven''t used IM till the 7.0 release so I can''t say what the previous sdk versions offer for IM demos. However, since a lot has changed since 6.0 I would not spend too much time with the older demos anyway. Happy alpha blending :-).

Sieggy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement