🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Microsoft C/C++ 7.0

Started by
15 comments, last by perryrhodan 22 years, 9 months ago
hi im searching for this compiler. i didnt find anything on microsoft.com about it... and i need this old-timer to compile the examples from "Black Art of 3D Game Programming" ... i have the Borland, but i want the MS compiler. does anyone know where i can download/oreder it? thanks and ciao, perry rhodan
26.01.02 - the day we took revengeFC Schalke 04 - FC Bayern München 5:1 (2:0)
Advertisement
Its a DOS compiler "re-ordering" something thats 10 years old is out of the question. I frankly dont see why you wanna go back to dos, even if to learn game programming, since there are great books more reliavent to 21st century operating systems and software, such as Windows game programming for dummies (excellent turorial on directX5.0) and a horde of new opengl and directx7/8 books.

Why do u need to go back to such arcane times?
because i wanna learn 3d from the ground up... and i think its still fun to code dos games, although its more work... but please, i DON''T want to discuss if dos is outdated (and it is!), i just need this compiler
The only place you have a chance to find this compiler is either on Ebay or at a yard sale. You can no longer buy the product.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
try www.compilers.net
thanks for the url, but they dont have it...
Errr........ get Code Warrior or MSVC++ 6.0 and use Console Application rather than windows or MFC.. it works just as good as a DOS compiler.
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
You can''t do graphics in a Windows console. You should know that (*shame* )
no, you have to compile it in dos-mode... if it were so easy i wont be here...
Your trying to create graphical games in DOS?

I thought you just wanted to make some text based games...

Wouldnt a book about 3D game programming have come out AFTER DOS was popular? I mean... Doom was only 2.5D....

Also, isn't there any other compiler that uses DOS?

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on October 1, 2001 5:18:18 PM
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement