🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

to start off...

Started by
0 comments, last by Acer 22 years, 9 months ago
I want to get into Game Programming and Graphics. Now all you people started someway or another. Tell me how you started and what I should do to start learning now what I need to know. I am taking a C++ course in school and I learn 3D/Art Programs quick. I am really looking into OpenGL, right now I want to learn OpenGL in vb. So any help would be great.
Tight
Advertisement
Buy books! Lots and lots of books, see the ones recommended on this site, also have a look under the for beginners link at the top. Other than that, download as much source code as you can and mess around with it, see what changing things does and you will begin to learn. Learning C++ is a good idea first though as most books on games programming seem to be for this language. However dont expect to learn every thing you need to know in a classroom, to learn properly you need to keep practicing.

http://kickme.to/BallisticPrograms

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement