🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

please give me 3d collision detection source code

Started by
4 comments, last by youngo 24 years, 5 months ago
please give me 3d collision detection source code. preferably using d3dim
Advertisement
hehe
I do not think you are going to get someone to just hand over source code. You should try to do it yourself first. If you have no idea how to get started, ask and people will help explain it to you or point you in the right direction for literature.

Later,
Eck

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

I have no idea how to get started, help explain it to me or point me in the right direction for literature.
how come there are negative replies?
I have done collision detection but by the triangles .. maybe it''s better .. I used only 3 lines I seen if I beetwen of this 3 lines of triangle ...That''s easy ..
But you need to do big formula first .. ))
heheheh ... That''s was a hard work for me ..

quake3
quake3
Hi !!

Collision Detection can be very simple or very complex. That depends on your needs. Detecting collisions is quite easy (getting it really fast is another issue). But computing the follow-ups (so what happens in case of a collision) can be hell. If you have two cubes that are flying together you will need to compute if and where they collide. If they collide, what next ?? You have to collide the new positions, velocities, rotations, and so on of the cubes. This is called "Rigid Body Dynamics". If you want to face that, good luck !!
This topic (RBDs) is usefull if you have a lot of collisions that you do not know when, where and between which objects that happens. For example a race game needs very good Rigid Body Dynamics.
If you want to program a FPS-Game (Quake3, UT) the collisions are quite simple (here the main problem getting it fast), because you typically have collisions between the player and the walls and you know how the player should behave in such a situation (typically the player "slides" alog the wall). Somewhere around the net (check out Gamedev''s articles or www.flipcode.com''s articles) you will find an article about the collision detecting in FPS-Games.
If you want to check out Collisions between models a very good, robust, fast and easy Collision Detection is with Spheres. Two spheres are colliding (or interpenetrate) if the distance is smaller than both radiuses added (collision = (dist < (Radius_Sphere1 + Radius_Sphere2)).

Hope that helps.

Phillip

PS: It will be quite hard to find some source-code on collision detection because it''s something that''s handled quite secret in companies.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement