🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

First Game

Started by
0 comments, last by Songoq 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi. I have basic knowledge in DirectX8 3D SDK, but I dont know how to make a first game. I serched a lt of articules but I can''t find any easy articule about makeing games. If Anyone have got source code of some easy game or know articule about my problem I will be the happiest person in the world.
Advertisement
First off, do you have any knowledge of C/C++? If not, then you'd better get readin! You can't really make a game without knowing C/C++ unless you fork over like $35-$50 for one of those books called "Program your own games without any programming!" These books have a catche though. Books like these most likely mean a lower-quality game! My suggestion for you is to learn C/C++ (if you haven't already) and then work your way into 3D games from there. I'm still in the midst of learning C/C++ and to help me build my knowledge of it, i'm programming my own Text-Based game. If you need any other help and/or info, reply here or email me.

Edited by - masterconjurer on October 7, 2001 6:28:40 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement