🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Wich software should i use?

Started by
1 comment, last by Delisk 24 years, 5 months ago
Im macking a small Myst clone (The game is not actualy a clone it is only the same style) Call "The manor of the crime". All the action take place in a samll manor. I try to find an artist (im sure you see my post) but since i find no one,i will try to do the art myself. This is my question ; Witch software should i use (only for graphics)? All the action take place in the manor (i don''t plan to have any strange effecs). PS-Free sotware are better for me.
Advertisement
The cheapest, yet still good, program I know of is Paint Shop Pro.

Beyond that there is Adobe Photoshop.

If you really want free stuff, there is a raytracer called POVRay which IIRC is free.

Also, isn''t The Gimp free on Linux?

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com
Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
While I was rumaging around the 'Net one day I happened across a very nice looking 3D modeling program called "The Poor-man's Renderer." The manual is completely online, and reading through it I'll say it's better than RayDream Studio for anyone starting with 3D graphics. Plus, it's free
Too bad I can't remember how I found it, but I'm pretty sure it's made for Linux.

Edited by - SonicSilcion on 1/10/00 8:51:23 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement