🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need a little help...

Started by
2 comments, last by Soul Blade 22 years, 8 months ago
I''m just starting out in DX, and using visual C++ 6...following some tutorials on initializing DX an everything, but when I try to build the exe, it has this error... I know, I need to go configure it for DX, I already downloaded mssdk and all that, and from what I see its configured perfectly. Heres the error message in the debug window: --------------------Configuration: modetest - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/ddinit.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. modetest.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) May seem kind of basic, but I don''t know...I''m fast with learning code, but not with this debugging stuff, why I''m posting in beginners area Your help is much appreciated.
Advertisement
You created a Windows console application when you should have created a Win32 Application. Create the new workspace and add all your existing files, then rebuild.

Console applications define main() as their entry point while Win32 apps enter at WinMain().
quote: Original post by Oluseyi
You created a Windows console application when you should have created a Win32 Application. Create the new workspace and add all your existing files, then rebuild.

Console applications define main() as their entry point while Win32 apps enter at WinMain().

Ok I''ll try that.
It seems that that works. Thank you...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement