🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

06.00 - UPDATES ON HOLD

Started by
5 comments, last by Teej 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi all, I''m sorry to have to say it, but I can''t currently continue writing articles for this forum, as I have absolutely no extra time available. I sincerely hoped that this wouldn''t be the case, seeing as other tutorials on the web suffer the same fate, and it''s always pissed me off as much as it does you, so I truly hate to become one of those that leave everyone hanging... I won''t say that the forum is permanently discontinued -- just that I CURRENTLY can''t keep it up... if my situation changes in the near future and the forum is still here, I''ll bring it back to life at that time. I apologize for letting you down, and I do thank you for all of your support throughout the months that the forum flourished. If/When the forum continues, I''ll be sure to post the announcement in the GDNet Lounge (as well as other places) to let you know. Thanks everyone -- I hope you understand. For now... Teej
Advertisement
Teej, I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I will miss you, your articles and your help but I would also like to say for everyone who hasnt posted yet:

THANK YOU
I am forever in your debt

Your articles have helped me get started and within a month or two I have completed several games, based almost intirely from this forum. I have been trying to make games for a while, but these articles have given me and many others an insight in to how actual GAME programming works. This is the sort of help I have found impossible to find else where and you have supplied it.

Anyway, Im going to stop rambling now and say thank you once again.

Awaiting Your Return,
Crash,

We Must Move Forwards NOT Backwards, Sideways NOT Forwards And Always Twirling Twirling Towards Success
"We Must Move Forwards NOT Backwards, Sideways NOT Forwards And Always Twirling Twirling Towards Success." - 2000"If You Keep Looking Forward Your Gonna End Up Looking Backwards At Yourself Running Sideways!" - 2001
I agree totally with Crash!

It was great fun. I learned alot. I think I might even try to write my own little set of tutorials, not as a leader or anything, but as a part of a colaborative community. I'll see what happens. Hopefully we can get this thing going again as a group.

To Thine own self be true

No day but Today

Edited by - Firemage on October 17, 2001 4:07:59 AM
To Thine own self be trueNo day but Today
No probs mate, it''ll give me a chance to catch up after missing a few weeks while I''ve been looking for a job

It was great fun and I''ve learned a lot.
Hey u have 2 missing weeks, I have half the thing. And teej, I noticed you said "If its still here", if you think they may delete this, is it ok with you if we print this sucker up? As its more valuable than most books. You are a great writer, and a great programmer. Good luck at what your doing next.
visit http://geocities.com/programrealm
Sorry for not nitice this second page.
Well Teej I do not know if you are even reading this but I must thank you to for this tutorial an I realy hope that you come back
MAD_Mask
Just thought I''d add my own comments to those already made.
No doubt, this is the best tutorial of it''s kind.

If you''re reading this and also thinking about buying one of those "Teach Yourself Game Programming in 2 Hours(!)" type books then (IMHO), Forget It - Register on GameDev and START NOW !.

Teej - if you still check back now and then to see how things are holding-up then I all I can say is a heartfelt "thank you" for all the effort it took to get this thing up and running - and I hope you''re back soon (someone''s got to write the introduction to 3D Graphics we''re all gagging for ;-)

Cheers !eddSoftwww.eddsoft.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement