🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Question about LaMothe's book

Started by
3 comments, last by Ronald Forbes 24 years, 5 months ago
Since the day it arrived in its beat-up little Barnes & Noble Online Bookstore box, I''ve been hooked to Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus. When I get home from school, I read it until around 7 o''clock. Then I speed through my homework (usually omiting some in the process) and by 8, I''m back at my computer, reading. My question is this. Throughout the book, there appears a strange series of characters. Here''s a example from Chapter 2: "So pat yourself on the back (or, for my alien readers, lick your eyeballs). You have done a most excellent job ." What''s up with the ? Ronald Download Complete. "YESSSSSS! The DirectX 7 SDK is finally MINE!! After 3 days of waiting, I have finally successfully downloaded this huge file. Now, I'll just fire up Winzip and... Illegal Fault. CURSES, MICROSOFT, CURSES!"
C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN
Advertisement
I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL "" MEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<BG> was treated as an html tag there

anyway, it stands for "big grin"
the name "Andre LaMothe" caught my eye. I added someone with that name on icq the other day, and requested authorization. He accepted, and asks who I am. I asked him if he wrote all those books, and he goes yes I did. He sounded real dumb and after a long conversation, he finally admits he''s some 14 year old kid pretending to be the "real" Andre LaMothe. Why did I type this? what a waste of time.
LOL!!!!!!

it didn''t show up!!

Ronald

Download Complete. "YESSSSSS! The DirectX 7 SDK is finally MINE!! After 3 days of waiting, I have finally successfully downloaded this huge file. Now, I'll just fire up Winzip and... Illegal Fault. CURSES, MICROSOFT, CURSES!"
C:DOSC:DOSRUNRUN DOSRUN

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement