🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mason you app freak!!

Started by
11 comments, last by Dragun 24 years, 5 months ago
When I goto to www.spin-studios.com, the main page loads up fine. However, when I click on the link towards index2.asp, a cobalt blue (nice shade by the way) background comes up and everything stops loading (the window stops responding). What gives? Didn't you test your web page? Or does it require a app? Or is it my shitty IE browser? Edited by - Ðragun on 1/11/00 11:37:44 PM
Advertisement
Gads! It does that?

The site comes up fine for me in Netscape 4.5 or better and IE5. For some reason NS 4.7 refuses to tile the borders of the tables on my NT machine, but that's the only problem I've seen.

The first time you go there you have to give it a while to download all the images (there's around 30 of them, I think)... but after that you should be golden.

The site's done in Active Server Pages, but your browser isn't getting anything except HTML and small amounts of java-script.

If you think it's a problem with your browser, hit browsertune.com and run some tests.

Also, I know sometimes my ISP doesn't serve up pages all that quickly... maybe you just hit it on a bad day?

Is anyone else having problems hitting it?

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com

Edited by - mason on 1/12/00 11:26:47 AM
Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
The page works in my computer with IE5.
ps. Cool page
The page works fine for me under IE5 too. However, the server is a little slow responding. Maybe Dragun''s problem is server related. Mason, you have a simple yet attractive page there =)

Best regards,
Sherman
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com
Worked for me in Netscape 4.5
I''ve never had problems, too.
(IE4 and 5)
I have the same problems as the first guy. it''s not that i don''t wait long enough... it just stops responding. the minimize button doesn''t work etc. i have to ctrl alt delete it away (ie5). It works sometimes...
Works fine for me (IE5). Nice site, BTW

--TheGoop
OK, I'm stabbing blindly here, but I took out the java-script that makes the buttons light up. Could those of you who are having problems go back and tell me if you can get in now?

Any ideas on what the problem could be? It certainly could be the ISP's server... in which case, anyone know of a good cheap ASP-enabled webhost?

Gunnar, sherman, goop - thanks

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com

Edited by - mason on 1/12/00 5:47:14 PM

Edited by - mason on 1/12/00 5:48:35 PM
Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
The site loads up fast on my Netscape 4.5 . I just have a question. Where did you learn how to make game editors(like that Map Maker).

P.S

Awesome web site. Keep up the awesome work. I haven't got the time to download any of your programs yet but I bet their great. That Map Maker (I think it was called that) looked really cool.

Edited by - C++ Freak on 1/12/00 9:11:29 PM
Visit http://members.xoom.com/ivanickgames

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement