Advertisement

Assertion failed while using function handles

Started by December 11, 2012 03:48 PM
3 comments, last by WitchLord 11 years, 9 months ago
Hi,
After I updated my engine project to the latest WIP version of AngelScript I could successfully run my base testbed.
However I had a minor issue while trying to run Magic Portals with the updated version of AngelScript:

Assertion failed: (calledFunc), function AdjustGetOffset, file /../../../../source/as_restore.cpp, line 3471.

I could isolate the issue and reproduce it in a smaller excerpt:
[source lang="java"]class Foo
{
int a;
}

class Bar
{
float b;
}

funcdef void TEST_FUNC_HANDLE(Foo, Bar);

void testFunction(TEST_FUNC_HANDLE@ func)
{
func(Foo(), Bar());
}[/source]
It appears that the assertion fails while trying to save the bytecode for testFunction. Am I doing anything silly?
It appears you've found a case where the code is not currently able to properly adjust the bytecode to be platform independent.

I'll investigate this and have a fix ready as soon as possible.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
It was indeed a bug.

I've fixed it now in revision 1504.

Thanks,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Thanks! I successfully ran Magic Portals on 2.26.0 WIP (r1505).
Great. Thanks for the confirmation.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement