🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

best game art?

Started by
10 comments, last by CarlFGauss 24 years, 5 months ago
Hi all, which game do you think have the best graphic/art? My vote goes to FF7 and FF8. Although the story of these game are too childish for me to like it, the graphic makes me marvel all day long just looking at it.
Advertisement
i like revenant, ff8 and baldurs gate....
Curse of Monkey Island.
I think the answer to that question all depends on the type of game, as they all have different styles and depth of art. For adventure games, I''d agree with the Monkey Island vote. Fantastic Artwork. For the rest:

RPG: Fallout (1 or 2)
FPS: Unreal or HalfLife (different styles)
Sidescroller: Abe''s Exodus (simply amazing)
RTS: Age of Empires
Arcade shooer: Raiden 2

anyone else?

-Nick
http://www.digital-soapbox.com

-Nick "digisoap" RobalikWeb & Print Design, 2D & 3D Illustration and Animation, Game Designhttp://www.digital-soapbox.com[email=nick@digital-soapbox.com]nick@digital-soabox.com[/email]
Hmm... I really, REALLY like Manga / Anime art, so my vote might go for... ... ... Hard to say, there are only few manga games out SHENMUE ! Absolutely. Even after I have not played this game, all the screenshots rock !
But still I really like the art of Baldurs Gate.

Shenmue.
--------------------------"640K ought to be enough for anybody."-Bill Gates 1981
Hi, I think many of the games mentioned above are superb, FF8 is without a doubt the best cgi i`ve ever seen, however i go for Metal gear solid (even though its all low-poly graphs) its the most cinematic game looks great plays great. Actually the first game to ever impress me was another world on the amiga, good days. bye bye

BaldursGate and age of empire 2 got he best graphic!

Who said you need 3D to have nice art!
Personally I like the "old school" artists more which draw stuff more pixel by pixel than using lots of plugins and tools.

If I would pick something out (with graphics in mind) I would choose some Amiga classics from Bitmap Brothers such as Chaos Engine II, Speedball 2. And Banshee from Core Design.
revenant
Half-life

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement