🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What are your favorite game-development websites?

Started by
8 comments, last by GunnarSteinn 24 years, 5 months ago
I''m just curious what websites you visit most for your game-development needs. I have to say that I love this site the most but I also use loonygames.com
Advertisement
i like this site most!!!

an other good site is www.gamesdomain.com/gamedev
I stick around here most of the time I''m on the ''Net. I also check Gamasutra (for articles) and flipcode (for The FoK) at least once every other day. Actually, I just signed up as a member at Gama so I could read the older articles.
This is my favourite site, too. Followed by Gamasutra...
I started at Gamasutra, and then somehow happened on this site. Since Gamasutra''s forums have gone downhill I have made this my number one site. I like this site because of the forums most, but then I like it as well for the quality news and articles.
joeG
Did anybody ever frequent the now defunct developers corner?
Great site, ran out of money (or something).

Gamasutra is the only other site I regularly visit but I prefer this one.
gamedev rules, flipcode is 2nd, gama is 3rd.

Another good one is www.gignews.com. Put out by game industry recruiters... good articles, mostly about getting a job in the industry.

gameslice.com is good too.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com
Founder, Cuttlefish Industries
The Cuttlefish Engine lets anyone develop great games for iPad, iPhone, Android, WP7, the web, and more!
Wouldn't it be funny if no one mentioned us in this thread?

I used to visit Developer's Corner, since way back when he started, and I always thought it was a good site, but I got tired of the contant posts about it being "the greatest, most innovative site on the web", "the only site of its kind", etc. Give me a break. I could go on, but in the interest of good taste, I won't.

I'd like to point out though, in response the the many messages on his front page now that mention "too bad he couldn't find a host." I happen to know that he had a no-strings-attached, free hosting offer (can you guess from whom?), which he turned down.

Oh, and in response the the original question, I used to visit GPMega before it died (ie. about a year ago), and now I visit Gama, GDSE.com, and the message boards at xgames3d.com and Lionhead Studios (when I have time for it). There are a couple of other sites I'd visit if they would stop pretending we don't exist.

Edited by - Myopic Rhino on 1/13/00 2:16:54 PM
Actually, since my last post, developers corner has come
back on line at www.developers-corner.com

Just like the world to prove me wrong once again
Yeesh.. It is back up, and it just looks worse every time it
comes back online.

---
Michael Tanczos

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement