🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

can i make a RPG in visual c++ 6.0?

Started by
1 comment, last by ZomeonE 24 years, 5 months ago
yes the subject fits again... (sorry..) ok. Simple question, no answers? I also want to ask if someone, not zomoene??, if somebody or some site has got basic code for an rpg. I mean the scrolling part.... YES I''AM A NEWBEE!! PROBLEMS? mail me.... Sig thanx in advance...
Advertisement
of course you can make an RPG in visual C++ 6.0
in fact, many professional programmers and companies use that program. What you need (VC++ 6.0 probably comes with it) is the directx SDK or the opengl SDK. there are many tutorials on using either of them on this site (gamedev.net, in case you''ve forgotten). there are also many tutorials for making a tile-based game with scrolling, yadda yadda yadda, which is what i believe you are asking about. good luck!

_________________Gecko___

_________________Gecko___Gecko Design
Hehe, I couldn''t resist to answer =)

I''m currently making a game with scrolling in a 2d map and maybe I''ll make a tutorial about it, cause I havn''t found anyone on the net that is good enough.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement