🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

sound editing apps for voice effects...

Started by
1 comment, last by burnseh 22 years, 8 months ago
Hullo, I''m in the process of creating a small game and I want to add some sounds. I''d like to create robot voice effects, like that badass beast in one of the robocops... "you have three seconds to comply before i shoot" or something to that effect... So... what free apps are there out there that can do this sorta thing ? (windows or linux) cheers, rich
Advertisement
I recon good free sound editors are quite rare if not even non-existant. Goldwave has a few tricks that might accomplis what you seek (mechanise and a few robot flanges), but it''s shareware.
------------------------------If there be no heaven,may there atleast be a hell.-------------------------------Afterlife-
Audio Editors, both freeware and shareware courtesy of the Shareware Music Machine.

I believe that the demo version of the almighty SoundForge, from Sonic Foundry is not feature-limited, and has enough usuable effects to get you going.

Finally, AnalogX has a pretty cool voice synth that may suit your purposes, as well as load of other freeware music goodies.

Edited by - Colin Barry on October 22, 2001 6:36:10 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement