Advertisement

Persistent FMOD error

Started by March 17, 2013 11:57 PM
2 comments, last by leekenn 11 years, 5 months ago

Hello all,

I couldn't find this on google, I hope I haven't missed it on here and I apologise if I have!

I am learning FMOD designer and studio, and although I am blown away by the scope and awesomeness of both programs, I am having a problem with Designer. As soon as I try to use the audio player on the sound defs page (the actual sound defs one on the right, not the one for the individual source files), my FMOD just crashes. No error message, no nothing. I'm still a complete novice, but from what I've picked up so far it seems like this is going to be a major problem as it's a vital way of checking how your work will sound in game?

Could this be due to malpractice on my part? I've only created one test project so far and I haven't been too strict with filenames or importing audio into the project folder. If it helps, I'm using a mac running snow leopard, and believe I have the most recent version of both programs.

Big thanks to anybody who can shed light on this!

Hello,

No idea... but FMOD's support is very friendly and competent, I'd ask over there.

Cheers,
Moritz

Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

Advertisement

That's very strange. I've never had FMOD just crash without any warnings or errors. Are you up to date with FMOD as well as your OS? Have (or can you) try this on another set up to see if you get the same results? Are you attempting to use a huge amount of audio? (Again, I've run FMOD with full game soundtracks or sound effects so this still shouldn't be an issue.)

I second Moritz - every time I've reached out to FMOD's tech support they've always been super friendly and quick. Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Ah thanks guys!

I can try with my windows system but it looks like this isn't a common error so I'll assume it's specific to my mac. I'll try reinstalling, it's good to know about the FMOD support hopefully they'll have the answer.

If it turns out to be an error which other people are likely to get I'll be sure to post about it.

Thanks again

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement