Looking for an artist

Started by
0 comments, last by sunandshadow 11 years, 4 months ago

I have been developing a game independently for the past 8 months or so using the Java programming language supported by the JMonkey engine. I am an experienced programmer (7+ years) in Java and have recently ran into a bit of a problem on the art side of things.

I purchased a rather expensive graphics tablet and spent many hours learning to use blender. I finally started to make progress on the art side of things before I started having extreme pain in my wrists after what seemed like only moderate use of my graphics tablet. Carpal tunnel has made it virtually impossible for me to do any hand-drawing concepts or model sheets (I can hardly use a pencil to even write but it has only a minor impact on my ability to use a PC). After wearing a brace on both of my wrists for the past month the issue has not gotten any better. I intend to eventually get surgery to take care of this problem but due to insurance reasons it may be quite some time before I am able to have the operation done.

I am currently looking for a 2D concept artist who is willing to work on a freelance basis to make perspective modeling sheets for me. The characters you will be making will be primarily 'robotic' in nature and I will buy the rights of the characters from you (I will not make any deals that involve an hourly / rate payment model). Essentially I am looking for an artist who is willing to create character modeling sheets based on my specifications and sell me the exclusive rights to them. You will not be an internal part of the project or part of the development team. If anyone is interested you can email me at (dleffell89@gmail.com) or post in this thread. Please provide samples of your work. Price per model sheet is negotiable - I can offer between $25 and $100 USD per model sheet depending on its quality.

I have attached an incomplete concept image to this thread to give you a general idea of the style I'm looking for in the model sheets. I was working on this when I started having problems with my wrists and was unable to finish it so I just mirrored the side that was mostly complete.

Advertisement

Hiring people must be done through the Classifieds system - please look to the top of this screen, find the blue tab that says Classifieds, select an appropriate category, and post your ad there.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement