🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to add actions on a .3ds model?

Started by
-1 comments, last by ybc_us 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I am a new game programmer. I want to make an action game,something like FIFA. The characters need a lot of actions attached with it. I want to use AI code to select these prerecorded actions and make a new movement sequence for the character.To make the character realistic,I plan to build the model in 3ds MAX. But I don''t know if I can make the action animation in 3ds MAX and export that animation model(not animated frames) into some programming environment, which is similar to Visual C++, allowing me to write AI code using C++ to generate the movement sequence. Or I have to export 3d static model made in 3ds MAX and write the action description code using C++? Assuming that there are a lot of actions I want to attach on the character.I don''t know if the action code description will be very tedious. Does anyone know the process how to make such kind of project? Thank you for help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement