🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The administrator has limited the number of new posts you can submit within a short time frame. Please wait X seconds before replying or posting a new

Started by
7 comments, last by Cornstalks 11 years, 2 months ago

Shouldn't this be disabled for older members with more reputation? It seems to be purely antispam feature, right? So it serves no purpose (other than annoyance) for non spammish members.

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Advertisement

"X seconds" is usually a counter to double posts, unless it has been accidentally set to some insanely high value.

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

how are you legitly posting fast enough to trip this?

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Its quite easy. Just have several threads open, and elaborate several replies at the same time, then try to post :D

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Its quite easy. Just have several threads open, and elaborate several replies at the same time, then try to post biggrin.png

That's not scalable multithreading! tongue.png

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Its quite easy. Just have several threads open, and elaborate several replies at the same time, then try to post biggrin.png

That's not scalable multithreading! tongue.png

Multithreading just got a whole new meaning

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

I am multithreaded!

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

how are you legitly posting fast enough to trip this?

It's triggered upon clicking NEW TOPIC button, not after clicking POST. So if you want to start a new topic immediately after you are not allowed (and yes, I use multiple tabs, which could be the reason as well).

Stellar Monarch (4X, turn based, released): GDN forum topic - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Perhaps the "New Topic" button shouldn't trigger this, but instead the "Post New Topic" button?

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement