🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Results on Voxel Cone Tracing - Part 2

Started by
12 comments, last by Promit 10 years, 11 months ago

Hello, guys. Sorry to ressurrect this old topic, I'd just like to make a small update.

I've spent some time trying to make the demo run on AMD hardware but it turns out that the latest AMD driver (Catalist 3.14) is quite buggy. Some required OpenGL features like Shader Buffer Objects seem to be flawed (see my post on OpenGL.org) so for the time being there won't be any support for AMD. :(

I'd like to hear your opinion about these problems, if anyone as experience with these drivers please feel free to provide suggestions. I'd appreciate it a lot.

Advertisement

Hello, guys. Sorry to ressurrect this old topic, I'd just like to make a small update.

I've spent some time trying to make the demo run on AMD hardware but it turns out that the latest AMD driver (Catalist 3.14) is quite buggy. Some required OpenGL features like Shader Buffer Objects seem to be flawed (see my post on OpenGL.org) so for the time being there won't be any support for AMD. sad.png

I'd like to hear your opinion about these problems, if anyone as experience with these drivers please feel free to provide suggestions. I'd appreciate it a lot.

Yes I tried the demo again a week ago or so but it just wouldn't work on my HD6950 even with Catalyst 13.14. It's ridiculous how bad AMD is at catching up with new OpenGL features angry.png

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Yay, aren't OpenGL and proprietary device drivers fun to work with?

The last couple rounds of AMD's driver (13.2 and 13.3) have been spectacularly f***ed up too, each in their own creative ways. I don't know what's going on over there but they're doing an incredibly bad job lately.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement