🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DS Secondary Buffer description...

Started by
1 comment, last by Authustian 22 years, 8 months ago
ok, here''s the problem, i try to initialize a secondary buffer for a test sound in my sound engine, and one of the flags i''m trying to use is DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT as defined in the MSDN (a.k.a. big book of evil as: "DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT The buffer should have default control options. This is the same as specifying the DSBCAPS_CTRLPAN, DSBCAPS_CTRLVOLUME, and DSBCAPS_CTRLFREQUENCY flags."), and my compiler gives me an "sound.h(78) : error C2065: ''DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT'' : undeclared identifier", however if i specify all the caps individualy it works fine. Is there something else i''m suposed to be including that i''m missing? ------------------------------------------------- Don''t take life too seriously, you''''ll never get out of it alive. -Bugs Bunny
-------------------------------------------------Don't take life too seriously, you''ll never get out of it alive. -Bugs Bunny
Advertisement
Nope, you''re doing everything right. The define DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT has been removed in recent versions of DirectX in order to encourage users to explicitly define what capabilities are required. As you have said, using DSBCAPS_CTRLPAN | DSBCAPS_CTRLVOLUME | DSBCAPS_CTRLFREQUENCY provides the same functionality as DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT.

ahh. thank you very much for pointing that out to me, i was starting to think i was going insane. you know, you''d think M$ would''ve put a little side line in that said they''d taken it out. *shrug* of course then again, you''d think they would relese quality software too

thanx again

-------------------------------------------------
Don''t take life too seriously, you''''ll never get out of it alive. -Bugs Bunny
-------------------------------------------------Don't take life too seriously, you''ll never get out of it alive. -Bugs Bunny

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement