🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Which is better - multi-monitor or remote debugging?

Started by
0 comments, last by RPGElite 24 years, 5 months ago
I was wondering what kind of experiences people have had with: (note: I''ll be using VC++ 6 and DX 6, probably switching to DX 7 later, in case you want to know). 1) Remote debugging on a 2nd computer...via some type of network (any info. on what kind of network you used would be helpful) 2) Using multi-monitor support in Win98 to have the VC++ debugger run on the secondary monitor and have the fullscreen game start up on the first monitor. It would obviously be cheaper to do multi-monitor (a monitor and a decent vid card cost a lot less than a whole computer , but would it be worth the cost to do remote debugging? How hard is it to set up multi-monitor debugging? I''ve heard that it''s very simple, but I want to make sure. Also, same question - how hard to set up remote debugging? Thanks in advance. gameguru4@yahoo.com
Advertisement
I''m thinking about doing that too, and I looked at the Windows 98 Help file (right off the start menu). In the index, type in "multiple display support." There should be a compatiblity listing of all the cards that Windows officially supports. There''s more on the Microsoft web site.

I''d make sure that the card you''re buying supports it, and also the card you already own. Make sure the company has a return policy in case things don''t work out well...Microsoft doesn''t make any claims that every card combination will work.

Also, you can set each monitor up with separate refresh rates, and display modes if you like. Let me know how you make out!

Good Luck,
- null_pointer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement