🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How can I EASILY play avi's in Visual C++ 6?

Started by
4 comments, last by misterme 24 years, 5 months ago
If anyone knows how you can EASILY play avi's in Visual C++ 6, or you know how to use the ActiveMovie ActiveX control could you please help me? THANKS, Mike Edited by - misterme on 1/13/00 6:59:46 PM
Advertisement
The book "Teach Yourself DirectX7 in 24 Hours" has a very simple and yet totally cool chapter on playing AVI''s, and things like that. I highly recommend it. He gets right to the point without confusing nonesense.
I have to agree with you.
That is a very good, consise book. Not two much detail on any DirectX subject, but enough to get you started.
What great is he covers almost every aspect of DirectX, even some of the less covered e.g. DirectMusic & Directsound3D.
How much does this book cost?
It sounds good.
GSDGDIDSO
If you have bought Visual C++ 6.0, you should have the 2 MSDN help CDs, on CD 1, there is code for a AVI viewer that uses MCI (Media Control Interface) calls. Just go to the help index from VC++ and type AVI. Choose the AVI samples.

Domini

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement