🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Receiving upvotes

Started by
5 comments, last by MarkS_ 10 years, 12 months ago

Hey guys.

Whenever I receive an upvote, I can't see anymore in what thread it was on. The "item" part of the reputation log doesn't show up for me.

Rep Item When

+3 32 minutes ago

I can see other kinds of reputation gains or losses, like:

+1 Logged in 2 days ago

+1 Voted up 3 days ago

Advertisement

Yea, I've been getting those too. I assumed they were people upvoting the article I wrote, but you haven't wrotified an article, afaik.

Some of my +3s are from forum posts that were upvoted, and they do so the name.

ve4.png

Yeah, I actually looked on the reputation page, the one that you can select "given" or "received" on the user profile, and it shows reputation received by date, so there I could see that the last upvote that wasnt shown was a thread comment, so it's happening in multiple places on the site

That happens when your post in an article or journal is up voted.

That makes sense, and seems accurate: I just upvoted one of Souza's journal entries to test, and it immediately showed up as a new +3 blank description in his reputation.

Maybe it is restricted to journal entries and articles, I'm not sure, but yeah, it makes sense.

Maybe it is restricted to journal entries and articles, I'm not sure, but yeah, it makes sense.

The only time I've seen this happen was when a post of mine was voted, up or down, in either of those two cases. A vote in a forum thread shows correctly.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement