🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

MFC vs. win32

Started by
13 comments, last by GalaxyD 24 years, 5 months ago
Hey felisandria, glad to see it wasn''t directx but your board!
Side scroller in the works,huh. You working with Myopic Rhino''s team on this or is it solo?
Advertisement
Gorky: It''s kind of a little toy to poke at to try to get some DDraw learning in now that it will actually work on my system. MRGames is doing a board game called Kalah that I''m currently done with my part of. I''ll probably drop the sidescroller when I have another assignment. *smile*

Btw... missed you at the last CGD, they''re not having one in March but there''s one in February, coming?

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
fel: Kalah means lose in the Malay language =)

I have been using MFC previously but Win32 is my domain now. I find that debugging in MFC is really difficult since there are so many hidden layers. On the other hand, I feel that Win32 is more straight forward although more technical.
There was also once I did an Internet browser in MFC but it just simply refused to work on another computer stating that some MFC dll was missing. It is for those reasons that I prefer coding in Win32.

Best regards,
Sherman
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com
For the record, that''s probably because you didn''t hit the "Static Link" button for your release.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Thanks, fel. I will try it the next time I get the chance - probably when I am preparing for the MCSD MFC exam. Does anybody know how difficult the MCSD exams are?
_________________ Best regards, Sherman Chin Director Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd www.Sherman3D.com www.AlphaKimori.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement