🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Assignment with Initialization Buffer

Started by
4 comments, last by WitchLord 10 years, 8 months ago

I'm pleased to see the List Factory take a pointer to a buffer created for its initialization. What do you think about also allowing the initialization-style assignment?

For instance:

array<int> a = {1, 2, 3, 4};

// Some time later...
a = {5, 6, 7, 8};

It seems like the compiler could set up the same buffer and pass it to a special assignment operator designed to handle the buffer.

Advertisement

It's planned for the future. One step at a time.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I understand. I only ask because I didn't see that listed in any of your Work In Progress pages.

No problem.

The to-do list on the work in progress is unfortunately not up to date. There are a lot of things there that have already been implemented, and also a lot of new things that I have on my to-do list but isn't listed there.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Todo: Update todo list

Todo: Make todo list shorter

Lead Coder/Game Designer for Brutal Nature: http://BrutalNature.com

Todo: Figure out how to do more with less time smile.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement