🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Displaying a bitmap in dos

Started by
1 comment, last by node_5r 24 years, 5 months ago
how do i display a bitmap in dos with boraland C++ 4.52? I also want to display text under the the bitmap. It is for a text rpg. But the pic will display a picture of the town or something that you are in. But i am not shur on how to go about doing this Please help. Thanks, node_5r Edited by - node_5r on 1/14/00 1:57:31 PM
Advertisement
You have to change graphics modes, which will make your standard C/C++ text functions unusable.

For more information look up LaMothe''s old DOS programming books. But if you want your standard C/C++ text functions, I''m afraid there''s no good way to display a bitmap. (unless it''s ASCII art.)
Back in the day before I sold out I was a DOS programmer. I wrote an entire graphics library to do this. Unfornutatly, it was written for the DJGPP C++ compiler. I may be able to convert some of it for you for free. E-mail me at

d_miracleman@juno.com or
dominque@wam.umd.edu

The only Borland C++ compiler I have is Turbo C++, so I''ll have to write it on that. I use Microsoft Visual C++ now and am working on a large 3D project so it''ll take time for me to write the code if you are interested.

Dominque Douglas

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement